The 2004 Fleet #14 J-105 Race Schedule was approved at our annual meeting on March 13. Rows in blue in the Season Series. White rows are other supported events with separate awards.
Date Regatta Location June 11 NYYC Around Jamestown Race Newport June 12-June 13 NYYC 150th Annual Regatta Newport June 21-25 Block Island Race Week Block Island July 10-11 Sail Newport Regatta Newport July 23-25 NYYC Rolex in 2004 Newport July 23 Buzzards Bay Tower Race Marion August 6-8 Buzzards Bay Regatta Marion August 19ff Ida Lewis Distance Race Newport August 21 Leukemia Cup Bristol August 28-29 Narragansett Bay Regatta #3 Bristol September 11 Hospice Regatta Newport September 12 Feeder Fun Race to Marion Newport September 16-19 North Americans Regatta Marion
Level A for all regattas.
The scoring for the Fleet #14 2004 Season Championship is as follows:
- Season Championship is open to Fleet #14 owners.
- Eight regattas (excluding Block Island Race Week) scored as individual races. Only Fleet #14 dues paid members will be included in the NAC 2004 regatta. All other regattas include all comers in the scoring.
- Fifty precent of races needed to qualify.
- Any regatta with fewer than 7 entries does not count toward Season Championship.
- One throwout for every six races sailed.
- Cox-Sprague-Gesing scoring. For more information on C-S-G see the scoring table and the example.
- Rotating trophy for winner (half-hull model now in the hands of 2004 winner Jim Sorensen, WET LEOPARD).
- Keeper trophies for top three positions and for best newcomer not in the top three (where newcomer is defined as someone who did not qualify with Fleet #14 in the 2003 season). Also, a trophy will be presented to the winner of any long-distance race with 7 or more entries.
Please send questions to Nelson Weiderman.